Radar-Speed Trailer, Legacy Model
Still available for a limited time, Wanco's legacy radar-speed trailer is among today’s most advanced speed-display systems. With changeable speed limit indication and radar-triggered speed display, the radar-speed trailer instructs motorists to slow down by flashing their excessive speed.
Commonly deployed in school zones, neighborhoods and high-accident areas, numerous options provide a strong measure of traffic calming unmatched by other roadway signs.
The Wanco radar-speed trailer features a changeable speed limit sign above an electronic display. Configurable settings provide adjustments for speed limit, over-speed and extreme-speed. Above the over-speed setting, the display flashes the motorist’s speed. Above the extreme-speed setting, it flashes four-corner. Below the speed limit, the display remains blank.
The display includes optical lenses and sun shades over two 18-inch LED characters, producing superior visibility. An optional three-character display is also available.
The trailer’s see-through design puts pedestrians in view, improving their safety — particularly in dangerous, high-risk areas. The solar-powered battery charging system allows longer run times.
- Optical lenses and sun shades over 18-inch LED characters
- 20x24-inch regulatory speed limit sign included, choose from a variety of signs
- Configurable activation, violation, and speed settings
- Approach-only K-band radar measures speeds from 5 to 150 mph (8 to 240 km/h), at a distance of up to 1500 feet (450 meters)
- Software-controlled selection of speed units, mph or km/h
- Radar unit is CE compliant, FCC approved
- Accepts accessory warning devices such as a strobe light and audio alarm
- Extended height increases visibility
- Compact and easily portable
- Under 1000 pounds, can be towed by most vehicles
- Standard 2-inch ball coupler tow-hitch
- Quick setup and takedown
- Charge batteries with solar panel or standard commercial power
- Locking battery and control boxes